Over the past year I've been working very hard on a series of gluten-free cookbooks for the "Everything" series published by Adams Media. (Hence the reason the poor blog hasn't been updated as often as I'd like for it to be!)
And my latest installment is coming out next month on July 18, 2013. This new book is entitled, "The Everything Gluten-Free College Cookbook." This book has been especially designed for gluten-free college kids, but also those new to cooking gluten-free, and for busy folks everywhere.
The book specifically shares SUPER EASY recipes and tips to teach college kids how to cook fast, easy, and healthy meals right in their dorm room or apartment.
Some great features of this book include:
- A whole chapter explaining what being gluten-free means, how to buy and store gluten-free foods in your college dorm room or your first apartment. How to ask about gluten-free options on your college campus, how to teach your friends about WHY you are gluten-free, etc...
- Over 300 EASY AND DELICIOUS gluten-free recipes that ANYONE can make, especially beginner cooks!
- An entire chapter on meals you can make in your microwave!
- Recipes for easy breakfasts, lunches, parties, study snacks, and special chapters on fast and quick main dishes and gluten-free pasta meals.
- An entire chapter on gluten-free vegetarian and vegan recipes!
- Tons of NATURALLY gluten-free recipes, which means you don't have to buy special gluten-free flours or baking ingredients (unless of course you want too for the baked goods!)
- For those who want to learn to bake, many EASY gluten-free baked goods such as muffins, cupcakes, cookies, etc...
- Dairy-free substitutes are listed throughout the book for those with dairy or casein sensitivities.
A handful of awesome gluten-free recipes to try from this book include:
- Banana Nut Pancakes
- Very Veggie Omelets
- Baked Pumpkin Crunch Oatmeal
- Classic BLT's
- Mini Pizzas in a Flash
- Tuna Salad with a Kick
- Buffalo Wings
- Microwave Chicken Divan
- Easy "Tandoori" Chicken
- Mexican Lasagna
- Frittata with Asparagus and Two Cheeses
- Classic Italian Risotto
- Cheesiest Macaroni and Cheese
- Stovetop Oatmeal Fudge Cookies
- Basic Rice Krispies Squares
- Speedy Mocha "Mousse" Pudding
- and many, many more!
If you're not a college student, this book can still help you learn to make super fast and easy meals at home. It's perfect for busy moms, commuters, anyone working full time who needs quick and healthy gluten-free meals on-the-go, etc...
This book is on-sale now for pre-order through:
And will be available on July 18, 2013 at your favorite local bookstore.
Have any questions about this cookbook? Send me an email: gingerlemongirl at gmail dot com.
To kick-off this book, let's have a giveaway!
Would you like a copy of this book? (And you absolutely should!) I'm personally giving away two brand new paper-back copies of this cookbook! Simply leave a comment on this blog post letting me know why you'd like this book and what recipe you would try first!
The Giveaway Nittygritty:
- I am giving away two BRAND NEW COPIES of my new cookbook: "The Everything Gluten-Free College Cookbook."
- This giveaway is open to everyone.
- One entry per person.
- Enter by leaving a comment below on this post AND please include a way for me to contact you -- your email address preferably.
- The giveaway begins June 18, 2013 and ends on June 22, 2013 at 11:00 pm eastern daylight savings time.
- No purchase is necessary. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
- The winners will be randomly chosen and will be contacted by email. The winners will have 24 hours to respond. If the winner does not respond, a new winner will be randomly chosen.
I am giving away two copies of my newest cookbook. These copies have been provided by ME. This is not a sponsored post and I did not receive compensation. The opinions in this post are completely my own.