|photos by Jodi Hargreaves, used with permission.|
Jodi decided to save the day here at Gingerlemongirl.com... I told her that my poor blog had been neglected the past few months and I needed some new recipes. SO she went home, made her current favorite lunch salad and took pictures. Sent them to me and said, "Here you go, I fixed it."
So here's Jodi's salad! We couldn't really figure out what to name it, but it's sort of an antipasto salad sans any meat... so it's vegetarian right? ;-)
Whatever it is... it's good!
I actually made my own version of the salad this week and used mini cucumbers and heirloom cherry tomatoes and that worked great too! However, I love the half-moon cucumbers in Jodi's salad!
And you really can't beat fresh mozzarella! Especially when it soaks up all the tomato, cucumber, and red wine vinegar goodness!
Jodi's salad is quite simply:
- a chopped tomato (or halved cherry tomatoes)
- black, seeded calamata olives
- green olives with or without the stuffed pimento
- half a cucumber, sliced (or 2 sliced mini cucumbers)
- half a ball of fresh mozzarella, cubed
- sliced banana peppers (optional... I left these out! You can haz them Jodi!)
- whole salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
That's it! Just mix it up, refrigerate and have for lunch!
I used a fancy-schmancy smoked balsamic vinegar from The Olive Wagon in Raleigh, NC. Use whatever your favorite red wine or balsamic vinegar is, use your favorite cheese, make up your own salad for a quick and easy weekday lunch! :-) Thanks for saving the day Jodes! :-)