Okay, admittedly it has been MONTHS... really MONTHS since I stuck a menu plan. It's so easy to get out of the habit... and then it kills our grocery budget when we do!
So it's time to get back in the habit. The meals we have cooked over the past few weeks have been mostly pantry meals. I'm trying to clean out my freezer and our cabinets and rotate out foods that are getting close to date!
I'm going to continue that this week, although I probably will stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things like eggs and milk (almond for me, organic dairy for hubs). Our meals will also be very quick and easy, as life has been pretty hectic lately and I just haven't had time to create or make meals with tons of ingredients or that take a long time.
And as you probably know, this week has a couple of special days in it: Shrove Tuesday and Saint Valentine's Day. So I think we'll have gluten-free pancakes on Tuesday night and for Valentine's Day, M & I will just have a small meal at home followed by a glass of this chocolate wine! I saw it at the grocery store yesterday and had to pick it up! How perfect for Valentine's Day!
This Week's Gluten-Free Menu:
- Monday - Italian Chicken Sausage served over gluten-free spaghetti with marinara sauce and green beans or a simple argula salad
- Tuesday - Shrove Tuesday: Gluten-Free Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, Turkey Bacon
- Wednesday - Carrot Apple Curry Soup (but will use butternut squash instead of carrots) and steamed broccoli
- Thursday - Valentine's Day: Light finger foods like bacon-wrapped dates, homemade hummus with tortilla chips, deviled eggs (hubs favorite!), maybe fresh veggies with ranch dressing, along with chocolates and chocolate wine!
- Friday - Comforting Chicken and Rice soup from "The Everything Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Cookbook" pg. 120
- Saturday - Kale & Bacon Quiche with an easy fruit salad
- Sunday - Eggplant Lasagna -- my friend Betty made this for us a few months ago and it is SO good! We use zucchini instead of eggplant and I make my half without cheese.